Prabhupada Letters :: 1969
a.c. bhaktivedanta swami

15 September 2005
September 15, 1969  

Tittenhurst

My Dear Yasodanandana,

Please accept my blessings. I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated September 5th, 1969, and I have carefully noted the contents. I have also read the poems that you have sent to me, and they are nice.

I am pleased to learn that your parents are willing to make a weekly contribution to Krishna Consciousness, and your mother can make bead bags and shirts for the devotees. This is very nice engagement for your parents, and you should encourage them to come to kirtana when they are able to and to read our literature. So far as your propagating Krishna Consciousness while you are in school, you simply speak to the students and teachers there, distribute Back To Godhead and our books as far as possible, and try to arrange for kirtana performances there where many students can hear the sound of Hare Krishna. This is the prescribed formula for propagating Krishna Consciousness.

Regarding your question about Yasoda and Devaki, this is all explained in detail in our Krishna book. Devaki is the actual mother of Lord Krishna, but because Devaki's brother, King Kamsa, wanted to kill Krishna because of the omen that he had heard that Krishna would one day kill him, Vasudeva, Krishna's actual father, brought Baby Krishna to Vrindaban to the care of Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja, who acted as Krishna's foster parents.

I am pleased that the Montreal center is doing nicely, and please offer my blessings to all of the devotees there.

I hope this will meet you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

letters | 01:29 |
Loading
a life in letters
1969 letters
Google
WWW Prabhupada Letters

Technorati search
Feed Shark